My Mom just accidentally prematurely sent an email to an accounting firm… It was supposed to say ‘I am afraid that we will have to postpone our meeting”
but she hit send when all it said was
I am afraid
THIS POS T GETS ME EVEYRTIME
get to know me meme: ten female characters ♦ hermione granger
↳ “Nobody in my family’s magic at all, it was ever such a surprise when I got my letter, but I was ever so pleased, of course, I mean, it’s the very best school of witchcraft there is, I’ve heard - I’ve learned all our course books by heart, of course, I just hope it will be enough.”
Fact: Unlike the gay agenda™, the bisexual agenda contains a 15 minute break for snacks between sessions.
Fact: The asexual agenda is entirely made of snacks, with a 15 minute break for all out anarchy
The concept of intelligence has some rough backgrounds.
THE OBVIOUS RASICM
For example during the 19th century physical anthropologist Samuel George Morton believed that brain size was a measure of intelligence. He measured the sizes of hundreds of human skulls to assert that there was a difference between races.
He concluded that Europeans had the highest brain capacity, followed by Chinese, Southeast Asians, Polynesians, American Indians, and lastly African & Australian Aborigines.
Ofcourse now we look back at his work and realize it was the result of unconscious bias, reporting selected data, analytical errors & mismeasured skulls.
DO IQ TESTS REALLY MEASURE INTELLIGENCE
IQ tests stand for Intelligence Quotient Test. They are a standardized test that one cannot really study for. An IQ test measures a person’s general intellectual ability to understand ideas compared to the general population at the same developmental level.
How well we reason, distinguish relationships and solve problems and how well we process information, particularly our ability to store and retrieve it are also things IQ tests measure.
However, IQ tests fail to measure many things such as creativity, emotional sensitivity and social competence.
IQ tests are fundamentally flawed because they do not take into account the complex nature of the human intellect and its different components.
Furthermore, IQ tests are not good at predicting how well you are going to do in life. Just because someone scores high, it does not guarantee success.
MORE THAN ONE TYPE OF INTELLIGENCE
Different people are good at different things. Someone might fail at one topic but excel at another.
As Albert Einstein said, "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
These are 9 types of intelligence proposed by Howard Gardner.
- Naturalist Intelligence (Nature Smart): human sensitivity to the natural word. Have you ever met someone who was really good with animals? Or who had a “green thumb”? Today they can be a chef or a botanist
- Musical Intelligence (Music Smart): ability to recognize tone, rhythm, timbre, and pitch and more
- Logical-Mathematical Intelligence (Number/Reasoning Smart) : ability to calculate, quantify, consider propositions and hypotheses, and carry out complete mathematical operations.
- Existential Intelligence: sensitivity and capacity to tackle deep questions about human existence, such as the meaning of life, why do we die, and how did we get here.
- Interpersonal Intelligence (People Smart): ability to understand and interact effectively with others.
- Bodily-Kinestic Intelligence (Body Smart): manipulate objects and use a variety of physical skills. (athletes, dancers, surgeons)
- Intrapersonal Intelligence (Self Smart): capacity to understand oneself and one’s thoughts and feelings, and to use such knowledge in planning and directioning one’s life
- Spatial Intelligence (Picture Smart): those who have an amazing use of mental imagery and artistic skills
- Linguistic Intelligence (Word Smart): ability to think in words and to use language to express and appreciate complex meanings.
Ofcourse these probably don’t capture everything in the wide range of smarts that we all have.
God forbid we teach the children psychology !!!
i wish the devil would have taught me all this and i wouldn’t have to pay for college
i love this fucking quote so fucking much
i have three different styles of handwriting depending on how far down the page i am
You can pinpoint the exact moment the writer goes fuck it
japanese people: yeah sure wear a kimono even though you are white, just know what it means and stands for! and just understand that by wearing this, you are paying respect to our culture! so please do so with careful thought!
white people on tumblr: IF U ARE WHITE nEVER WEAR A KIMONO DONT EVEN FUCKING LOOK AT IT !!!! CULTURAL APPROPRIATION 101 IF I CATCH U SMEELING A KIMONO I WILL KILL YOU UNTIL YOU ARE DEAD!!!!!!!! DONT EVEN GO TO JAPAN OR THINK ABOUT JAPAN JUST DIE
They were the best frenemies